Sunday, April 6, 2008

Impression of Non-Fiction Texts

When people say non-fiction around me, my first thought is generally, "Oh boy! This will be a great read!" And I do mean this sarcastically! Non-Fiction has never been one of my favorite things to read. I think it is because I normally associate this genre of literature with being boring! I think in order for me to like a Non-Fiction book, the subject area has to be something that I really enjoy and am actually interested in learning more about. I think this is how a lot of children think today about the non-fiction genre. I think it is important as teachers, for us to make sure that we make the subject interesting for our students. If we get interested in the subject and show our enthusiasm for the subject, then I feel that our students will follow our examples.

No comments: